The library is excited to announce the launch of Zinio for Libraries, an online collection of more than fifty popular magazines! Starting today, anyone with a library card can browse for and download complete color issues of many of the nation’s most popular periodicals to their desktop computer, smartphone, or tablet. The collection spans a variety of genres and includes such titles as Newsweek, Better Homes and Gardens, Vanity Fair, National Geographic, ESPN, and much more!
Here’s how to start browsing and downloading magazines today:
1. First, have your library card ready. You’ll need the number on the back of your card to create your Zinio account. You can click on the Zinio banner on the side bar or find it, or you can find the banner on our Collections page. This will take you to Zinio’s login screen.
2. Once you are on Zinio’s login screen, click on “Create New Account” in the upper right hand corner. A box will appear asking for your library card number. Enter the number on the back of your library card, omitting any spaces between the numbers. Once you’ve entered your library card number, Zinio will ask for your name, an email address and password to be associated with the account. A personal email address is required to create a Zinio account.
3. Select “Curry County Libraries- Oregon” from the dropdown menu of available libraries. Click “Continue.”
If you plan on only viewing magazines on a desktop computer, then you are ready to start downloading! However, if you plan on reading your magazines on a smartphone or tablet, Zinio’s app must be downloaded to your device.
Downloading Zinio on an Android or Apple device:
You can find instructions on downloading Zinio’s app for a variety of devices below. Simply click on one of the links below to view instructions specific to your smartphone or tablet:
Logging onto your Zinio app:
When you open your Zinio app on a smartphone or tablet, it will ask you to log in. Follow the instructions below to log in to the library’s collection:
1. Select “United States” as the country.
2. Select “Maryland” as the state. This is because multiple libraries across the country use this magazine collection, not just libraries in Oregon.
3. Select “Popular 50eMagazine Collection” as the library name.
4. Enter your email and password.
If you need additional help downloading or using Zinio, please visit our reference or circulation desk—our staff is happy to assist you!
We hope you enjoy this new service!