Since the library district is funded primarily by taxes levied on property within the district, library cards are available free of charge to patrons who reside or own property within the library district. Individuals who live outside the library district, or do not own property within the district, may purchase a library card for a nominal fee.
Applying for a Library Card
All library card applications must be completed in full and the applicant must show one piece of identification showing their residential address within the district (PO boxes alone are not acceptable).
The following items may be used as proof of residence within the district:
- Voter’s registration card
- Current OR driver’s license (with local residential address)
- Current OR ID card (with local residential address)
- Coast Guard Military ID
- Utility bill or receipt received by the applicant (with local residential address)
- Current Brookings-Harbor High School student body card (for applicants 16 or older)
- Current rent receipt (with local residential address; must be for one month or more)
- Contract for property purchase
If the applicant is unable to provide any of the above, the applicant may use a statement from a parent, guardian or other attesting to his/her residential address. The individual must reside at the same address as the applicant and the applicant must present proof of this individual’s local residential address by presenting one of the items on the preceding list.
Current Brookings-Harbor High School student body cards are acceptable as proof of residence and a card will be issued if a student is 16 or older. Younger students must have a parent or guardian’s signature on the application. The parent or guardian must reside at the same address as the applicant and the applicant must present proof of the parent or guardian’s local residential address.
Curry County Public Library Cardholders
Individuals holding cards from any one of the other Curry County Public Libraries may receive a library card free of charge following verification from the primary library that the patron’s account is in good standing.
Individuals who live outside of the library district or do not own property within the district, or cannot present acceptable proof of residence, may purchase a library card for a nominal fee. Non-resident cards can be purchased for six months or for a year at a time. Non-resident cards are priced at the following rates:
- 6-Month Non-Resident Card: $25.00/household
- 1-Year Non-Resident Card: $45.00/household
Alert–Beginning March 1, 2016, non-resident library cards may be purchased at the following rates:
- 6-Month Non-Resident Card: $35.00/household
- 1-Year Non-Resident Card: $60.00/household