Library cards issued by the Chetco Community Public Library District allow their holders to borrow and access a wide variety of informational and entertainment materials.
Since the library is funded primarily by taxes levied on property within the district, library cards are available free of charge to patrons who reside or own property within the library district.
The library also honors valid library cards from any other library in the Coastline Library Network.
Applying for a Library Card
All library card applications must be completed in full and the applicant must have one piece of identification showing residential address in the district (P.O. boxes alone are not acceptable).
The following may be used as proof of residence within the district:
- Voter’s registration card
- Current Oregon driver’s license (with local residential address)
- Current Oregon ID card (with local residential address)
- Personalized check (with local residential address)
- Coast Guard Military ID
- Current utility bill or receipt received by you (with local residential address)
- Current Brookings-Harbor High School student body card (if 16 or older)
- Current rent receipt (with local residential address; must be for one month or more)
- Current property tax statement
- Contract for property purchase
If the applicant is unable to provide any of the above, the applicant may use a statement from a parent, guardian or other attesting to his/her residential address. The individual must reside at the same address as the applicant and the applicant must present proof of this individual’s local residential address.
Current Brookings-Harbor High School student body cards are acceptable as proof of residence and a card will be issued if a student is 16 or older.
Juveniles (Age 15 or Younger)
A parent or guardian must complete and sign library card applications for children under the age of 16. The parent or guardian must be present and provide proof of their local residential address. If the parent or guardian has a library card, it must be in good standing prior to completing a library card application for a child. The parent or legal guardian is responsible for all lost and damaged items and fines and fees on the child’s library card.
Individuals who live outside the library district, or do not own property within the district, or cannot present acceptable proof of residence, or do not possess a valid Coastline Library Network card, may purchase a library card for a nominal fee. Non-resident cards can be purchased for six months or for a year at a time. Non-resident cards are priced at the following rates:
- 6-Month Non-Resident Card: $35.00/household
- 1-Year Non-Resident Card: $60.00/household