Donations of Books, Audiovisual Materials, and other Library Materials
Donated materials may be added to the library collection, sold by the Friends of the Library to support library programs and services, given away, or discarded, as determined by library staff.
Donations should be brought into the library during open hours in boxes or bags that can be left at the library. Do not leave donations outside the library, in the book drop, or in containers that must be emptied and returned. These donations cannot be accepted, and books left outside will be discarded. Please call the library in advance if you wish to bring in a large number of boxes or will need assistance bringing the donated materials in.
The library reserves the right to decline donations if space is not available, if the donations do not appear to meet our guidelines, or for any other reason. We are unable to accept any material donations during book sales.
- Hardcover and paperback books in excellent condition
- Commercially published media (DVDs, CDs, Audiobooks, records)
- Magazines published within the last 2 years
- Local history or genealogy material that has direct relevance to Curry County (decisions will be made on a case by case basis)
We will not accept:
- Materials that exhibit signs of smoke, mold, mildew, pests, or water damage, or which have any odor; or stored in boxes that exhibit those signs
- Materials with torn, worn, yellowed, brittle, loose, or otherwise damaged pages, covers, or bindings
- Boxes that have been stored in a damp or unprotected environment, or have been moved directly from long term storage to the library without being thoroughly inspected by the donor
- Outdated nonfiction materials, condensed books (Reader’s Digest), encyclopedias, reference books, textbooks, law books, advanced reader proofs, or workbooks
- Professional Journals or other items oriented toward academic use
- Magazines older than 2 years; newspapers or product catalogs of any type/date
- VHS tapes or cassettes; music CDs not in their original cases
- Self-published materials (exceptions may be made for works reviewed in established review journals or magazines, or works with local interest that meet the collection development policy)
- Items that have been withdrawn from our library collection and sold previously